Thursday, July 16, 2009

sea wall

I think it is awesome to be taking a nice walk to the sea wall and come upon a picture worthy sight like this. As we were heading over to sea wall we noticed a sight that is even rare for Okinawa, family after family dressed in their traditional summer yukatas. It was so neat to see so we followed them to see what it was all about. We figured it was a children's school of some sort performing for their families using drums and dancing.




After stocking the Okinawan celebrators we headed to the sea wall, always a beautiful sight!

















Morgan wants to buy a fishing pole so he can hang out with all the fishermen .






We made our way around the sea wall and headed back toward the Okinawan celebrations again. We decided this time we would hang out in the back and watch the cute little kiddies perform. Ella had a great time dancing around and popping bubbles that a couple of little girls were blowing. Too bad I didn't get a picture of that, it was pretty cute.









3 comments:

Digital Zone said...

Very unique blog.
Wow... Fantastic pictures.

I like your blog.

Please visit:
http://funfree-bali.blogspot.com

Keep blogging.
Have a great day.

moaspen said...

Is that by where you park to go to the Seaside pool? One of our summers there, we totally ran into the same celebration! We stuck around and enjoyed the food, drumming and games! Cool!
~shiloh

meredith said...

This is my old neighborhood! I miss that park... Great pictures!