Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Independence Day

We might be living in another country, but we can still celebrate Independence Day the great American way!!  The military had all their festivities located here on the flight line.  We thought it was pretty cool to drive a car down the runway.  I wanted to floor it, but there were too many military personnel there securing the sight.  
The military had all kinds of aircraft on display for us to tour.  There were even a few Japanese military planes.
Ella, Steve and I had to keep ourselves entertained while the kids played on all the jumping balloons, slides and obstacle courses they had set up.  
The band "Eve 6" rocked it before the fireworks were lit.  The kids liked it when they played their songs they have heard from the radio. As close as the band was and as loud as they were Ella still managed to fall asleep in her Dad's arms before the fireworks started.  I really wanted to see her reaction to the fireworks, I think she would have liked them.  Next year I guess! 


1 comments:

Tai and Joe said...

That is so neat. That makes me happy that it is still the same even when you are in another country. Ella is getting so big she is so cute.