I did it, I finely did it. After 13 years of putting it off, I did it. What could be so horrible that it took me 13 years to finely get it done? Well... Monday morning I went into the dentist and got all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled. And now, with minor discomfort, I am SO glad it is over. No more worrying!
I think the longer we put things off, the more scary they become to us. When in actuality, it really wasn't that bad. Through the surgery I was totally out of it and the remainder of the day I pretty much vegged out on the couch asleep while Steve took care of everything for me (thanks Steve).
So I've been thinking how I have neglected my blog and all the photos and activities we have done this July month. If you click HERE you can take a look at all the everyday life pictures I have taken in July.
Morgan had his 4th baseball game last night. So far they are undefeated and are looking good as a team. He has done an EXCELLENT job of hitting. In his second game he hit 2 triples! This last game the pitching was not so good so I think he walked almost every at bat. I guess it's a good thing he has a good eye and will usually only swing if it's a strike. I am going to keep putting all the pictures I take of his games in the same album so if you click HERE you will see pictures of his games. Check it often, he still has 5 games left.
Mailee has finished up her Japanese Culture summer class. She had a good time and is excited for school to start up again. The last day of Culture class the parents were invited to come watch them perform the drums and also eat curry that the Japanese teachers helped them make. The kids did a great job on the drums and played all together, it really sounded good. She is still taking gymnastics and dance will start up again in August. We recently signed her up for soccer so she is anxiously awaiting that to start up.
Ella is just a ball of fun and energy. She is standing holding onto something as often as she can. She loves her family and is beginning to get nervous around people she doesn't know very well. One of her most recent favorite things to do is talk on the phone. If I am on the phone she gets a big smile and just waits until it's her turn when I hold the phone up to her ear. Once in awhile she'll even get a word or two out. She also LOVES drinking water from a water bottle. It seems to taste so much better that way then in a sippy cup! When I walk past the kitchen sink or turn it on with her in my arms, she expects me to set her in it to play. What baby doesn't like splashing in the sink every now and then? Morgan and Mailee still enjoy playing with her, holding her and making her laugh. They love her so much, it's so great to watch and what great helpers they are!!
The other week I took the kids to Seaside Pool for the first time. It is a Japanese pool that isn't very deep at all and the kids have to wear swim caps. Morgan was sure he wouldn't have any fun at all, but it turns out he did. He pulled Ella around in the water on her floaty and showed her a good time (she adores her big brother). Mailee can find fun in anything she does. She has such a happy spirit, well most the time! To view more of these pool pictures just click HERE.
For the most part, we are all enjoying ourselves here on the island and having a good summer.
I think I made up for lost time on this blog posting!!




2 comments:
I'm glad that your wisdom teeth didn't put you out for long. I just wish I would have know, I would have brought you ice cream!
You are lucky to have them pulled so late & survive. I had them pulled when I was 22 & my recovery was around 4 months! (infections, swelling, nerve damage) It was awful!
I'm so glad to see you are all happy out there on that beautiful island. What an experience!
Post a Comment