Wednesday, August 13, 2008

rain puddles and walking sticks

I must admit I am a bit disappointed that we haven't experienced a Typhoon yet.  The excitement of it all seems so fun to me (remember we live in concrete government housing, not much to worry about!!).  We have had a bit of rain lately, it really comes and goes suddenly.  Mailee grabbed her rain gear for this rain storm.  By the time she was ready to go out, the rain was just about over.  It left plenty of rain puddles to jump in and that's the best part, right!!  
Steve came home from his morning PT and ran into this little guy waiting to greet us by the front door.  We thought it was cool enough to grab the camera!  It's hard to tell from this photo because he is on a large leaf, but he is about 6 inches long.  That's one thing we just love about this place is all the creatures you see right outside our door. We have fruit bats all over the place flying right over our heads- so cool!!  And geckos climbing up the outside of our home (once in a while they come in), huge snails on the road as you go walking and big beautiful butterflies that you just don't see anyplace else we've lived.  Pretty fun to see a new side of the world!!


3 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

I love all of the pictures you take-beautiful! I was thinking of you today as I was talking with April Knight about El Paso & the friends I made there in the short time allotted. My strongest memory of you will be walking around the track at the school, pregnant & all!

the Jesters Court said...

I love your excitement for where you live. I dont think I could be excited about bats flying around me!!!
Keep sharing the amazing photos.
Miss Ya!

Tai and Joe said...

You take really good pictures. Maylee looks so cute in her rain gear. I can't believe those walking sticks really do look like that.