Sunday, August 31, 2008

a happy birthday

I have been anxiously waiting for a chance to post about Mailee's big birthday.  This year she turned 8 which is a significant age in our family, the age when she would be baptized.  I took her out the week before her birthday for a "photo shoot" where I could take pictures of just her.  Check them out and all the other photos from her birthday by clicking HERE.

Mailee was plenty busy last week with a fun birthday party, family birthday celebrations, her Grandparents coming to visit and lastly her baptism.  

Her birthday party was at the USO where we rented out a private movie theater complete with a popcorn maker and pop machine.  It was so dark in there that I couldn't get very many good pictures, you'll just have to trust me, the kids had a GreAt time!!  


The day after her birthday, I treated Mailee and her Grandma to day at Cocos.  This is the place to go here!  Mailee has been wanting to go there to get her nails done for awhile now after hearing about it from many of her friends. She loved it and said next time she wants the foot massage along with the nail art. It's funny how she enjoys being pampered!!


The baptism was absolutely beautiful!!  Mailee will have wonderful memories of being baptized in the East China Sea.  Steve baptized her (she says he "saved" her from being drowned).  If you check out the pictures of her baptism (as well as all her birthday celebrations) you will see how ruff and high the water was.  It was quite exciting.  There were so many people there to support her, we really feel blessed to have so many wonderful, caring people around us.  Her primary teacher and her Grandma gave talks and she wanted Brother Allred to play the guitar, which made it that much more lovely! She asked Morgan and me to give the prayers.    

Steve and I are blessed with a very loving and beautiful little girl.  She is sweet and enjoys life.  She is our sunshine.  We love you Mailee!!

5 comments:

moaspen said...

I loved the baptism pictures, they were just amazing. It looked like a very memorable one. Thanks for sharing all the great pictures!
~shiloh

the Jesters Court said...

How exciting, being baptized in the ocean!
Sounds like a wonderful birthday and baptism.
Happy late Birthday Mailee!!

Tai and Joe said...

Happy birthday to Mailee. You did such a great job taking her pictures. I am so excited that your mom was able to come out. How fun.

Anne-Marie said...

What a special birthday and memorable ocean baptism. Such cool pictures! Happy Birthday Mailee! (never stop getting pampered)

Jason, Holly, Denver, McCall and Juniper said...

I'm glad I got to be there for Mailee's first cocok's visit. I agree that next time I'm going to get the massage. Her green toenails were very cute. That's totally ok if you put us on your blog list. I was going to add you to ours too.