
Football season has officially started here at Kadena. We were not prepared for the weather that day. It was ridiculously COLD! I didn't know it got this cold here, so we can only arm ourselves with the hoodies and light jackets we brought with us and just layer it all. This particular day had a high, cold wind and some rain showers that cut sideways because of the wind. I did manage to pull my cold little hands out from my jacket pocket a couple times during the game to get some photos. I LOVE watching Morgan play football and probably get WAYYY too into it. I think if I take lots of pictures during the game, that shuts me up a little bit. Hey I'm always good and positive though, usually!!

Morgan's team is the Bengals this year and he plays running back. Unfortunately we couldn't choose a better name like, I don't know, BRONCOS or something, but the team itself seems to be pretty good. We won by a touchdown. Morgan had an awesome defencive play keeping the falcons from scoring by pulling the kid's flag just a few yards from the end zone on 4th down!
While the game was in play I happened to look over at these two boys on the sideline who were just freezing. They were trying to stay out of the wind and rain and stay as warm as possible. (chuckle) Note to self...hats, gloves and leave the flip flops home next game!!





3 comments:
It looks like you guys are having fun. How is Japan? I'm glad you found our blog. Actually I don't really do anything with it, it's more sarah's thing. It was good to hear from you though. And just to clarify, the picture with our pumpkins carved, my pumpkin is a panther (the mascot of pineview high where I teach) not a cougar.
-Ray M.
Yes, it was freezing outside last week. Hopefully it will be a bit warmer this Saturday! Duane and I probably get a little too excited when it comes to watching Ryan play.
Great picture of Morg. Cold there would probably be balmy here, but you are probably right about leaving the flip flops home next time. Keep those pictures coming.
Love you! Mom
Post a Comment