
Mailee has drawn me many things and I hang my favorites next to my computer so I can see them. This recent one I must say is my favorite, and for good reason right?! She makes me so happy and is still so sweet and caring. I may have to pull this out when she is a teenager and hates my guts- hopefully not, but I'll be keeping it to remind me of my sweet little 8 year old who thought her mother was pretty cool.
We have a couple girls staying with us for a little over 2 weeks. Here is the older of the two, she is 8. They have made themselves at home with our family and Mailee is enjoying more friends to play with. They are very sweet girls and have been great.
We took them with us to scouts this week since it was at the beach. It was just an amazing sight of bright green, seaweed covered rocks that you could walk on and find all kinds of things hiding in the tide pools.
Mailee insisted that I take a photo of her beach art.
I just love this picture. Here is the little 5 year old who is staying with us. The water is so still and placid, I LOVE the reflections it gave.
We stayed until dark and the sunset was just as colorful.











5 comments:
those pictures are amazing. You get such interesting shots and points of view
What an adorable drawing! And amazing photos, Melanie. You're incredibly talented!
I love the pictures of the beach - they are beautiful!! My favorite is the one where she is leaping and you can see her reflection - it's awesome!
haha love the drawing. so cute, she is such a sweetheart
Beautiful pictures as usual but not enough information. Tell me more about the girls and why they are with you. Miss you lots
Love, Mom
Post a Comment