I finely have the chance to get this long over due blog done. So much has gone on lately that I am going into information overload on this post and just combine it all. There are so many pictures to look at that I have added them to my Picasa web page. To view pictures of Steve's change of command click here. To view all other photos of our adventures in January click here. If this is too much info for you don't click on either!!
Steve and I experienced his most important opportunity thus far in his Army career a couple weeks ago. Steve took over as commander for a battery of about 100 soldiers. They are now known as Alamo battery Avengers. He is excited to take this step in his life and career. It means a lot more work and worries, but he is a great leader who leads by example. I know he will do an awesome job!

Captain Hershfeldt addressing his new soldiers.
So being the rebel that I am at times, this is how my seat looked throughout most of the ceremony. I was given flowers as a traditional welcome then immediately after which I left my seat to take pictures. Steve wanted me to hand over my camera to some stranger there to take photos, but it's much more fun to bend the rules a little. I am not always a "by the book" kind of person.
Then the kids had their piano recital. They both did great.
Morgan's teacher said he was the best one there. Quite a compliment, there were a lot of participants.
We even made our way to the beach. I could never tire of seeing the sea and walking barefoot down the beach.
And the pinewood derby...
We were just happy to have Morgan's car (red one) cross the finish line. Since Steve has been so busy with work, I had to help Morgan design, cut and get the car in working condition.
Yes... still more!!
Steve turned 37 this year. WOW. We took him out for dinner and had a good time.
After being challenged for the first time to tie a cherry stem with my tongue, I had to take a picture for proof that I could do it... am I bragging? HEE HEE.
And finely for all you proud grandparents... I just had to put this one in about Morgan's football game. He was on fire. He caught 3 interceptions and ran 2 of those in for touchdowns the other he caught to keep the other team from scoring. It was a pretty exciting game. So far they are 4-0.


















1 comments:
So I love the picture of you and the kids on the wall. As to the a change of command where does that take you next. I'm glad all is going well.
Post a Comment