Tuesday, February 10, 2009

cherry blossom festival


From Cherry Blossom Festival




This past weekend we went with a group of friends to see the cherry blossoms in Nago.  We hung out at the park for awhile and let the kids run wild.

From Cherry Blossom Festival




These roller slides are fun but a word of warning, they do cause friction!

From Cherry Blossom Festival





From Cherry Blossom Festival




Pizza and chopsticks?  Then we headed up to this neat restaurant called Pizza in the Sky. It overlooks the ocean from about 500 ft on top of a little mountain. There were only two options there, medium or small pizza and salad.  No trying to figure out what everyone wants. Real simple.   Mailee wasn't having anything to do with it, notice the disgusted look on her face.  But the rest of us thought it was quite yummy. Good thing they had free bananas!!


From Cherry Blossom Festival






After our tummies were filled, we headed to see the cherry blossoms.

From Cherry Blossom Festival






This sign caught Steve's eye as we were leaving.  Read carefully...english translations are great over here.  Of course there are more pictures to see, just click under any photo on "cherry blossom festival" to view them.

From Cherry Blossom Festival

6 comments:

grandma Christensen said...

The Cherry Blossoms are beautiful. My favorite is the one of Ella reaching up towards them. By the way what happened to that baby you used to have? She is too grown up
Love you!

April Hopkins said...

I am again soooo jealllleous. These are fabulous. Tell me how to make the images bigger, please.

Holly said...

Your pictures are awesome. When we go places with you guys, I should just leave my camera at home and get pics from you.

Jen and Allen said...

Glad you had fun Im steeling some of your pics because mine didnt trun out all that well. Thanks

moaspen said...

great pictures! That sign is a real winner, one of the better ones I've seen!
~shiloh

Nessa said...

Where is that pizza in the sky place, I hear about it all the time!! I want to eat there! HA! :D

I love your photographs, by the way. You inspire me ;)