The kids have been back in school now for 3 weeks. They go to the same school this year, Morgan's last year at the Elementary school. That makes me sound so old!! Good thing I have Ella at home keeping me young! I am not one of those moms who get excited for school to start, I think I get almost as nervous as they do starting a new year.


I had to put this picture in even though Morgan doesn't look his best, because it shows both of their true reactions to starting a new school year. Mailee is so happy to be back in school, she has been ready all summer. While Morgan (I think he was rolling his eyes in this photo) dreads the thought of starting all over again. You think he would be used to it by now with all the moving around he has done. This is his 6th school he has been to and he's only in 5th grade. I must say I feel sorry for him. I always enjoyed going to school in the same elementary school every year with all my good childhood friends who all lived close to me. I would love that kind of stability for my kids, but then again I know this should make them stronger individuals who can handle change and diversity in their lives. I just can't imagine how hard it is for them to leave the comforts of one school and start out new in the next.







0 comments:
Post a Comment