Friday, September 12, 2008

what a place for a vacation!!



Showing my parents around the island for 2 weeks was great.  I think they enjoyed themselves.  I have already posted about the parasailing event, but after adding almost 300 photos I took of their vacation to my picassa album I thought I'd better dedicate a blog to all the places we took them.  With the kids just starting school when they came, we had to limit our ventures a bit, but tried to get out when we could.
The first place we took them was to the seawall to watch the sunset.  I could probably do this every night, it's so peaceful and relaxing.


We did take the kids out of their first week of school for a couple days- they were heartbroken.  At the beginning of summer Steve reserved a couple cabins at camp schwab, which is on the other side of the island, so we could take my parents snorkeling for their first times there. 
 


While we were there we decided it would be nice to take a drive around to see what we run into.  After what seemed like a very, VERY long drive, we ended up seeing some very nice places and things.  This place, in particular, was great and very lush.  Morgan enjoyed it so much we almost left him when we thought everyone was in the car and didn't realize he wasn't there- Morgan has Grandma to thank for not getting left there!
Mom wanted to get some gifts for family and friends back home, so we took them to Kokusai Street.  This street is a mile long street full of any shop you could want.
Elton John??   I love the reaction of little Ella there trying to figure out what's going on.
I'm sure you've all seen one of these, but I'll explain them anyway.  These are frog purses complete with a zipper that goes from one frog leg to the other.  And they're made out of, what else, FROGS!!  


Chopsticks??  We had to take them to some of the local restaurants.  They did a pretty good job using the utensils that were offered.

The last night they were here we tried out a Korean barbecue.  This was a great place!  We opted to sit Japanese style on the floor.  The little grill like thing in the center of the table is how we cooked our meat.  Morgan thought this was pretty cool.  We'll definitely have to try this place out again!!


Last quick trip was to a place called Maeda Flats.  To get there you get to walk through these beautiful fields of Sugar Cane.


We stayed until the sun went down, eating up as much of the time left my parents had before their vacation was through.


Thanks for coming Mom and Dad.  Here's an invitation to anyone else who would like to come!!  We would love to have you!  

2 comments:

Foote Family said...

Great pictures! I'll have to get some picture taking tips from you.

Anonymous said...

This is great. Dad wants to know if we can make an album of this including the captions. Sounds like a great birthday present. Hint, hint. We had a wonderful time, thanks for making it so.
Love Mom