Saturday, December 6, 2008

a very happy one year old




For Ella's first birthday she requested going out to eat at Chili's.  Here she is, caught by surprise, deciding which meal she wanted to order.



After dinner we went home to open presents.  Ella loves to hang things around her neck (so very dangerous we know). Here she found her present from Grandma that just so happened to have ribbon on it to dangle around her neck like a necklace.  She would just carry it around the house like this days before her birthday.





She got some good gifts, toys, clothes, but this was her favorite gift picked out by big brother, Morgan and bought with his own money. He was quite proud of it.


We kept with tradition of a cake of their very own on the first birthday.  Don't ask me why we started this tradition. Seems a little nutty handing over a small cake for a one year old to just dive into, but it does make for some good, cheap entertainment!





She was so much neater then our other two.  She didn't even end up with any in her hair.  WOW!  What a happy one year old!! More birthday pictures for Grandparents (and anyone else who has time on their hands), just click on BIRTHDAY PICTURES!


5 comments:

RonJohn said...

that picture of her holding the menu is so dang funny!

Anne-Marie said...

I can not believe she is a year old already!!! What? What a beautiful little girl-I love you pictures. You are very talented!

Anonymous said...

I also love the picture of Ella holding the menu. I don't know how you manage to get such good pictures (it couldn't be talent could it?

Gwen said...

Wow, Ella looks so much like Mailee in those pictures. Cute, cute, cute. I can't believe she is a year old already.

moaspen said...

we did the same thing of giving the kids their own small cake to dig into. I think it's cool! That is so neat that Morgan bought her that gift. Awwww. You look good, Melanie!