Months ago we planned a weekend trip to one of our favorite places, Okuma. We were all looking forward to spending some time enjoying the beach and just getting away for a few days. We loaded up the bags and headed out on a Friday morning, allowing the kids a day off from school. On the drive it started to sprinkle a bit, no big deal especially here, it was still nice and warm. The closer we got to our destination, the darker the sky became and the bigger the drops of rain got. Well, when we eventually got to Okuma it was crazy with rain, wind and it was quite cold (you know 52 is cold for us islanders). For the most part it was like that the greater part of our get away.
The next morning there was a break in the rain so we took that opportunity to take the kids out to the mini golf. This creature that looks like he's keeping an eye on Mailee freaked Ella out. She would have nothing to do with it and threw a fit if we even got close to him. We had to laugh at her fears, but agree he is a little freaky looking.
Here's Ella, far away from the freaky guy, cheering on her big brother and sister.
Luckily the track was dry enough to get some laps in at the go cart rides. It was still freezing though. I think I was wearing like 3 shirts a huge sweatshirt and a jacket over that! Ya, cute I know!
Throughout all the rain and cold wind we decided to get out of the hotel room and take a drive to see what we could find...
I love these homemade shisas that welcomed guests into their home in the woods. The eye's are reflectors.
On our last day when we had to leave, the sun peaked out and we got a little relief from the wind and rain. The kids wanted to hang out at the beach one last time before leaving. They wanted to get in the water, but since we weren't able to get all cleaned up in the hotel room anymore, we didn't let them (meanies!).
I just love the vivid colors of Okuma, even on a dreary day, it's a beautiful sight.
3 comments:
oh how I miss it. your pictures do help though, thanks :)
Wow, brings back wonderful memories.It's hard to realize its real. It looks too much like a painting. Miss you!
Love Mom
I love Morgan and the crab. We will have to go there and check it out some time.
Post a Comment