As a leader of the Young Women in our church, I plan and execute many activities for the girls to attend. This last one I planned (with a lot of help- thank you) I thought was blog worthy and a fun, memory-making experience and a great opportunity we have here living in Japan.
We invited 3 Okinawan women to come teach us all about Kimonos and how to wear them. This lady here who is tying my obi is Hiromi and she came with her mom, Shizuko and a sweet lady named Rimi. They brought many of their own kimonos and yukatas (the summer kimono) while some of us had our own to wear. We all had such a fun night.
4 comments:
Awww, I love the group picture. So many familiar faces, I miss you guys!
~shiloh
what neat opportunity. as i have been keeping up with your family, i am constantly telling dwane we need to visit.
Beautiful kimonos. Is the red one yours? Looks like you are doing an awesome job by giving the girls the opportunity to learn the culture.
Love, Mom
maybe it wasn't such a good idea for me to pull up your blog. i'm sitting here bawling. it's great to see you and all the other familiar faces. glad you are still enjoying the island.
Post a Comment