Friday, August 28, 2009

cake, cake and more cake

You are looking at my 16... oh, I mean 9 year old baby girl. She requested a rice crispy treat cake this year for her birthday. Not too many OOH's and AWE's for this cake, but it was one of the easiest cakes I have made. We had this cake the night of her birthday after taking her, her choice, to Macaroni Grill.





Is she licking her chops?





Two of her favorite gifts...





After the boring ol' birthday celebration with her family, she got a really birthday party with her friends. I made a cake this time that would get some OOH's and AWE's!





The kids loved this cake when they saw it. It was so hot though, that the frosting began to melt. Guess I should have used the rice crispy cake for outside, but remember, I wanted some OOH's and AWE's this time.





But the real surprise was when I cut into the cake. Pretty cool, and a fun surprise for the kids!

















After some good eats, pinata smashing and opening of presents it was time to cool off in the pool.






We had a rain shower and had to jump out of the pool for a bit. Not a problem, the kids had fun playing and dancing in the rain.






It rained so much in such a short time that the tents filled up with water so a mom, a lot taller then me, pushed the bottom of the tent until all the water ran off the top of the tents. The kids went from one spot to another until all the collected water had been dumped.





The party began with a rainbow and ended with one. Pretty cool way to end the party with a rainbow theme. Happy Birthday, my baby girl!

6 comments:

Holly said...

Happy Birthday to Mailee!! I don't even want to know how long it took you to make all those layers - that's definitely way out of my league. The cake looked delicious.

Nessa said...

AWESOME rainbow cake.

When i was a little girl my mom bought rainbow ice cream for my birthday but it was disgusting.

Awesome cake and as always, great photos!!

grandma Christensen said...

Great birthday for an extra special girl! Wish we could have been there. You are way ahead of what I did for birthdays.
Love, Mom

Megan Young said...

What fun! I give the cake lots of oohs and ahhs!

moaspen said...

ooooh, ahhhhh! I did love that rainbowy cake!
~shiloh

Foote Family said...

Great pics! I too love the rainbow cake!! Your kids are growing up and Ella's hair is getting so long!