Taking your first born to kindergarten for the first time, seeing their babies grow up, can be hard for many mothers. I never had that feeling with Morgan, he was so ready and so excited for school that I was excited to send him off so he could get more of the learning experience he was craving. That was 7 years ago... and now he has entered middle school... scary!! I have a much harder time sending him off to school now. It was sad watching his dad drive him off to school while I stayed home. No more walking him to school and waiting until his teacher arrived. No more surprising him by coming to school and eating lunch with him, right? (Ya, Steve said no we can't do that either) I can't wait until he has been in school for a few months so all this newness wears off and I can stop worrying about him, the middle schooler. ![]() |
| From august 2009 |

Mailee is now a 4th grader. She has been waiting for school to start all summer long and was so excited for her first day of 4th grade. Both Steve and I got to go and drop her off and wait with her until her teacher came to pick up the class. It makes it so much easier when they are excited about school starting, but it's still hard to see them grow up.









3 comments:
That last one of Mailee and Ella just brings tears to my eyes! <3
Morgan looks thrilled to be starting middle school. That's the longest I have ever seen his hair. Mailee looks so grown up.
Sure do miss all of you
Love,Mom
Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one that has a hard time watching my kids enter a new grade and a new phase of life each year. It is hard to let go! But I think it's great to care so much and be involved. Thanks for sharing this and good luck!
~shiloh
Post a Comment