Last week Steve told us he booked us a cabin at Okuma beach resort, woo hoo!! What a fun surprise and a great weekend we had as we packed up all our beach gear and headed toward the north end of the island. With Steve driving and me as his faithful navigator, we made it to Okuma just in time for the kids to get some fun in at the beach. With so much to do there, we were never bored. The kids and I were pulled on a tube. They were tough! Morgan held on the whole time and Mailee only fell once. I felt like I drank up the sea the two times I fell, I don't recommend sea water to anyone! Yuck!! The next day we toned our boat ride down a bit with a glass boat ride. Even poor little Ella had to wear a life vest, she was pretty much immobile for the whole ride, still a good little trooper. The sea-life in it's natural environment was pretty cool to see. Morgan was happy to report that there were no sharks to be found, but we did see a sea snake which was pretty cool in itself.
Later on Morgan and Steve gave the go carts a try while the girls hung out on the beach. The kids loved getting tossed around by the waves. I think Mailee had the right idea floating around in her tube. Every now and then Ella got to stick her pudgy little toes in the water and for the most part was fine with it.
I took WAY too many pictures so you have a lot to view (and that's not all of them!!). That just means we had a great time, right!! And we did.






2 comments:
Great pictures! I can't believe how big Ella is already. Amazing how fast she has grown.
What a fun boating trip! Sounds like your totally adjusted to life out there.
Post a Comment