Thursday, October 16, 2008

new sight

This past holiday weekend we went with some friends to visit a beach that our family has not been to yet.  Our backdrop were these beautiful cliffs topped with lush foliage.  It was here that the Battle of Okinawa ended. There is a lot of interesting history at this beach.  We went at low tide so we could snorkel, which was awesome, and check out the sea life in all the tide pools.  These spider starfish were everywhere you stepped.  

These fishermen were scaling their fish close by.  Curious about what kind of fish they caught we went to check it out.  They were so kind to let us observe their work and take their pictures.  I was even offered a sardine one fisherman had just beheaded to eat right there, fresh!!  I didn't think my stomach could keep it down if I tried. Check out this guy's water shoes.  So cool, I've got to find me some! If you want to see more pictures click here!


0 comments: